Sunday, September 4, 2011

My Hard Work For Today

I love to work in the yard...or I should rephrase that..I love to pull the occasional weed, pick a flower or two (or 12) water the plants and enjoy the beautiful evening.  I don't like the heavy bugs crawling all over you, sweat running down your face, branches in your hair kind of work.  I'm sure I am probably not alone in this. But today the need overcame my dislike of doing it. It had to be done sometime!  In our town they only pick up green waste every other week and it is my week to cram that can full. So armed with my husbands meat cutting scissors (which are my favorite gardening scissors of all) I concurred the honeysuckle that died next to my bedroom window.  It really died.  I hate to take any plants out of the garden because I think at one time they were lovingly planted--but this one needed to be laid to rest. Nobody in my family will appreciate the hard work I did more than my Mom...so here it is Mom--I wanted to show you.....
What a mess!  I have been dreading cutting this down...

Now that its gone I am so happy to see that underneath it looks really good and is totally ready for its new life.
So my plan is to plant a climbing rose like I have seen so many times on Cindy's blog--I believe it is called Eden.see it here.  Won't that be beautiful?!  I have high hopes that being against the house it will be protected from the elements and be so beautiful right outside my bedroom window.  So that rose is on my wish list!

3 comments:

Latane Barton said...

My hat is off to you!! I am like you, will pull an occassional weed or cut a flower but there comes a time when you just have to do more. I can't wait to see the rose!

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I want to see a pic of your lamp shade when you're done! And btw, I LOVE your distressed Goodwill frames. I think I will do that too.

Kelli @ TheTurquoisePiano.blogspot.com

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Yes, the Eden rose is beautiful and it will look beautiful in this spot!
Hope you have a wonderful week!
Cindy