Monday, September 12, 2011

Chalk at our House

There is so much talk about chalk paint on all the blogs these days and I am so wanting to try it. Problem is I'm afraid I'll love it and I keep hearing the comment that its expensive. Expensive isn't in my budget these days. So I had to laugh to myself this afternoon as I saw my daughter out drawing in our driveway (as is often the case) and realized I'm on a sidewalk chalk budget.:)


Oh well, better sidewalk chalk than no chalk at all!
Today was only in the low 80's --instead of the low 90's and I am getting excited to know there may even be some rain by Saturday!  This Oregonian needs some of that refreshing Oregon rain. Today I walked for about 1.5 miles with my Mom and sister and then when Chantel got home from school she and I walked to Goodwill!  Its fun living in town now. Chantel told me she refused to carry home a coffee table or something from Goodwill though. :)

5 comments:

Grandma Carolee said...

Such cute photos of Chantel & Daisy. That was a long walk to Goodwill...you must have walked 4 or 5 miles yesterday. Good for you!!

Deanna said...

My son hates me stopping at Goodwill when he is in the car with me. Saturday I seen an armoire on craigslist for $15 and it was only about 10 mins away. I had to drag him along I needed help hoisting it into the Tahoe.. he hates that lol. Kids! And I agree about the chalk paint, expensive but boy it sure makes things pretty!

Deanna@DeelitefulCreations

Debbie said...

I used to love to chalk on the sidewalks. How fun!

Donna at the Scarlet Petticoat said...

dear sandy,
i just became a follower! your daughter mentioned you on her blog and so i came over to visit! you write from your heart and i appreciate it. i have my share (and maybe some other peoples shares!!!!) of money troubles. but, i keep a happy heart and feel rich in my children. you seem to be the same way, i felt i could understand you coming right off the computer!!! last but not least....i just read on a blog about a woman who figured out that chalk paint is the same as/or almost the same as gesso!!! basically chalk dust and glue... i bought a bottle at the craft store and with a coupon it came to 2.50!!! it is a smallish bottle but, i am going to do a frame first to see how it goes AND you can mix acrylic paint in to make it the color you wish!!! the annie sloan paint has a limited palette... there ya go!!!! looking forward to reading more posts from you. all the best, donna

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the sweet words, Sandy!!! You made my evening! :) I love your blog...I am a new follower!